1999 Maxima - Codes P1401 & P0420

Hi All,

I just pulled off these OBD-II codes off my car.

P1401 - EGR Temperature Sensor P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

Could anybody provide more details about these? I have spent a fortune repairing issues over the couple of years and now I don't mind venturing into repairing things myself if feasible :)

Last time I had an emission (sounds this one is also related) related issue was in Oct 2004. Here is the dealer report.

Diagnosed Codes P0400 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Malfunction P0325 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 or Single Sensor) P1446 - EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve (Closed)

Repair

- Replaced Vent Control Valve & Evap Canister

- Replaced Knock Sensor

- Tested EGR system. Traced problem to EGR Valve Problem

- Replaced EGR Valve.

Thanks in advance, Mohan

Reply to
xenoneus