1999 Maxima won't crank

My wifes 99 Maxima has always ran great up untill few days ago. Started skipping, and uneven ideling when stopped. Couple days ago, was getting gas, when finished, car would not crank at all. Turns over good, but won't fire. Was late, so had it towed to home. What can I look for, or expect from repair bill. Does this sound coil related, if so, expensive fix? Not much to go on but any info appreciated

Reply to
DaddyJim

Maybe the crank sensor

Reply to
JimV

agreed. Most likely suspect.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike

Posted about maxima not cranking about 3 weeks ago, due to sickness just parked it. Finally got into shop this week, got call saying the computer has gone bad. Nissan dealership wants $1,000 and cannot find one anywhere in this region (NC) Was wondering if any one on here can post some sites I could possibly check out. Shop says can send off to be rebuilt for $600, if had one locally would be around $250. Know I'm not going to get out cheap, but would like to check out my options. Computer has to match my VIN, and evidently not many around, matches that is. Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Jerry

excellent article for the "87 octane" is fine group,,,

Reply to
common_ sense

Hey dumbass, what does a broken computer have to do with 87 octane? Is destroying the computer another thing you think 87 does?

Of course knowing what a tool you are, you likely replied to the wrong message.

Pull your head out of your arse before posting next time.

Reply to
No One