2000 GLE SES light

My GLE has the SES light on. My local shadetree mechanic has pulled the code and said "it's says it is running lean". I have had some trouble with it running very rough for about 60 seconds when it is stone cold and in gear. When it is in neutral or park, it seems to run ok. After about 60 seconds it starts running fine. I replaced the plugs with NGK platinums and it seemed to get better. About a month later I got the SES light. That is when the mechanic pulled the code. He cleaned the mass airflow sensor and considered replacing the fuel filter, but didn't. The light cleared for 3 days and ran smoothly. It came on today on the way to work. After sitting for 9 hours, it ran rough on starting. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Bruce

Reply to
BruceH1