2000 Maxima electric seat problem

Wife just called me here at work and said she was goin out somewhere, tried to put seat forward(I drove it last and had it all the way back) and the seat will not move forward, it will go up/down/ seat back will move too. Anybody seen this problem? Suggestions? Also, I'm due to change/flush cooling system, what do most folks use in the Maximas? Thanks, John

Reply to
JRnNC

Pay a little more and stick with the green Nissan coolant. The water pump is a $500 job to replace.

CD

Reply to
codifus

My power ds is a big sticking going ahead,......but with some playing with it, it eventually goes ahead.

Reply to
Devils Advocate

For lo, JRnNC hath proclaimed:

There exists a TSB for this issue, but it's a pain in the neck (and in the wallet) to take advantage of it.

When it's happened to me in the I30, it's always been fixable by the simple expedient of getting out of the car, pushing the slide switch forward with one hand and giving the base of the seat a firm shove forward with the other. This never seems to happen in warm months, for some reason.

Reply to
Charles G. Hill

There is a TSB on this:

Clicking on "Drivers Power Seat ..........." will take you to a pdf.

There's also a lot of info on maxima.org.

We workshop manual for the 2002-2003 insists on Nissan coolant, has no silicates and this preserves rubber "O" ring seals, etc. They also request you fill with distilled water. I would follow the manual's advice.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie

Thanks to all who replied, went out and checked when i got home from work. Sure nuff, wouldn't move, for or bck, wiggled around some wires/ frame and it started working. I guess from reading the TSB, there must some sort of binding going on in the motor/mechanism and the 'kit' fixes that. Anybody know how much that kit costs? Wouldn't be covered under a 'hidden' warranty would it? How expensive is the antifreeze at Nissan dealer? Is it premixed, or do I add distilled water(been doing that for years in all my vechicles). Any suggestions or 'gotchas' when flushing? Thanks again , John

Reply to
JRnNC