2000 Maxima MAF

Hi,

MAF is a very common problem for causing P0171 and P0174 engine code on

2000 Maxima. I've suffered from the same problem. The cost of replacing MAF is quite high. I've found Courtesy Nissan is sell this part for $90. I called their part department and they told me it is $150. But they are willing to match the online ads. Below is the link to their online ads. If you need this part, go ahead and order them before they change the price.

MMaxima

I recently experienced the same problem with my 2000 SE. The local stealership here in Ottawa, ON, Phoney Graham, wanted $678 Cdn for the MAF,

1 hour labour to install ($85 ph), plus another hour to reprogram the ECU. Looking for used MAF produced quotes of $250 - $350 plus shipping.

I found a highly respected contact on a Maxima enthusiast's web site, Dave Burnette, of South Point Nissan in Austin texas who just sent me a Nissan OEM MAF for $83.86 (discounted from $103.58). The part number is 22680 -

2Y001 Volume Air Flow. With FedEx, the amount came to $101.36 (US$). Their toll free # is 888-254-9105. Dave also said that the ECU doesn't need to be reprogramed 95% of the time.

I just installed it yesterday and what a difference it makes. The easiest way to do the replacement is simply to unscrew the just the sensor from the main housing and replace that only. It'll will take 5 minutes after disconnecting the negative battery terminal and save you from a lengthy procedure to get at the one bolt securing the MAF to the air filter housing, that's so difficult to get to.

Good luck with your replacement.

Wine Buff