2000 Nissan Maxima Climate Control

Fan noise when on A/C is on (sounds like a ticking). Noise is louder and more intense with fan at higher speeds. I have been told by mechanics that it is caused by something in the fan housing like a leaf. Cleaned out fan and ducting that I could reach with vacuum and pressurized air. I also replaced the in-cabin air filter but still have not fixed the problem.

Reply to
ctrswt

remove the blower motor, the debris is most likely stuck in the squirrel cage fan

Reply to
NissTech

I had concluded that my 2000 Max SE has no cabin air filter. I have never seen one in a parts book, and neither the Haynes manual nor the Nissan factory manual mention it at all... Do all models have one, just the GLE , or...? My blower made a similar noise; I removed the blower, and the motor was slightly rough. Replaced with a salvage unit - now its silent!

-Mike

Reply to
Mike

My maxima is an SE. The in cabin filter is located next to the fan. You have to remove the glove box in order to access it. I did take out the "squirrel cage" fan and clean it out before posting this but still have the noise when the fan is on.

Reply to
ctrswt