2000 Nissan Maxima Headlight Problem

My low beam headlights just stopped working. My lights turn off automatically when I turn the car off so I always leave the headlight switch on. I noticed this weekend that my low beam lights were out. My parking lights & fog lights both work and I can put my headlights on high beam and they work. The Nissan service dept. is trying to tell me that it is in the switch on the steering column but I don't think so because my other lights work and my headlights will work when they are on bright. Is there a relay switch or something that I can check before taking it to the Nissan place and spending $180.00?

Reply to
watrgunn

Check both bulbs, maybe one burned out and the other followed shortly thereafter? Also check the wiring harness, make sure its snug. I bought a new bulb and after replacing it, thought it was something else but it I just didn't ensure the plug end was snug.

Hitting a bad pothole may have taken out both bulbs simultaneously?

Reply to
mawalsh

i would suggest purchasing a cheap pair of headlights from autozone and putting them in and see if it works

Reply to
Ed Tacvorian

My headlights works okay except for the low beam on the left side which comes on whenever it feels like it(when turned on). Well, now it does not come on at all. Checked for voltage and found that the yellow wire has none. I check the right side before checking the left side because that works perfect. Need help. Does anyone have a the wiring schematic for this car. Thanx

Reply to
Muny

Got the wiring schematic from Austin, checked my prolem out. Looks like my daylight control module is the problem.

How did u guys fix your problem?

Reply to
Muny

Found my problem. Decided to open the daylight module. Found a broken solder connection. Resoldered and back to normal.

Reply to
Muny

Where is daylight module located ? I have similar problem with my 2001 SE Maxima.

Reply to
Umesh.Bhandaru