2001 Manual 5-speed stalling at idle

I have a 2001 5-Speed (manual) Maxima SE. Every time I stop at a light and put the car in neutral, the rpm's drop to under 500 and then stalls. The car will re-start right away, but if I don't keep slight pressure on the gas to rev the engine, it will re-stall. My car has

109,000 miles on it. I was told that I may be low on transmission fluid, but as of yet haven't found a way to check in my repair manual. Any help/ideas?

Thanks!

Reply to
AKoppius

Could also be something in motor management that deals with idle engine control. Maybe some sensor (lambda sond?).

Kind regards

robert

Reply to
Robert Klemme

I have the same problem on my 1995 manual with 126,000 miles. also, when i am in 1st,2nd, or 3rd, occasionally the car will jerk violently.

Reply to
sohum.shah

If it hasn't had a tune up in the 109K, it could be as simple as a new set of Spark Plugs and a fuel filter. Also, could be fuel pump going bad.

maxima

Reply to
Maxima