2001 Maxima

My maxima has recently been having two distinct problems.

  1. This summer it started making noises while accelerating, the noise is worse when the weather is warmer outside. In fact if it's cool enough out, the noise is non-existant. What could this be?

  1. Last week it started having difficulty shifting from park into gear when the car was first started. If we let it warm up for a while it will normally engage after a few tries. We took it into the mechanic today and they told us the solenoid had gone bad and that with this year of vehicle they would have to replace the whole shift assembly, which would cost around 0. Do we really need to replace the whole assembly or can something else be done?

Thanks!

Reply to
kkuhlen

Sounds like it may be pinging , run 93 octane like the owhers manual states

chances are shoething go spilled into the shifter like soda or coffee with sugar. you can try cleaning it otherwise you may need to replace the shifter

Reply to
NissTech