2001 maxima air intake question

Hi, I've looked through maxima.org for a few hours and can't seem to find the answer to this question. I'm looking at getting an air intake. I DON't want to have to drill anyholes or anything in my fender (like the CAI requires). I heard bad things about the weapon R intake and I'm not too sure about the stillen intake that is pretty much an adaptor thats screwed on the engine to fit a cone filter and the MAF. how are these Stillen intakes? I also saw an INJEN one that had a long metal pipe the cone filter is attached to. are intakes with a metal pipe better than ones without one? do all of the intakes with a pipe require mods to the car like the CAI? anyone have the INJEN model intake? how are they? looking to spend no more than 200 for an intake. could you please give some suggestions ? thanks a lot

-Slick Nick

Reply to
habibe99

if it has a pipe chances are its a CAI You are looking for what is affectionately called a "pop" charger.

Reply to
Brian

so your saying if it has a pipe, it's a CAI (or cold air intake) so it would need the holes drilled in the fender well. I imagine these are the better ones. is there a huge difference in performance and noise with the "pop charger" or the CAI?

-Slick Nick

Reply to
habibe99

ever seen a single dyno from it? the cai and simple pop charger both offer a FEW HP, VERY TINY loss in torque down low. It's worth 3-5HP or so. The gain is mid to high and the cai will make the difference in really hot temps since the engine can get coolet air, but again it's a small diff and I didn't care to cut up the car at all, so I have the pop-charger. It's certainly the

1st mod for adding power since our engines really benefit from more air coming in and is regarded as the biggest bottleneck. Do expect the car to be more noisy mostly when wide open/accelerating hard.

Reply to
Downloader

simple answer: Yes

Reply to
Brian

ok, thanks a lot for your replies. now, anyone know a good place to get one of these with a K & N filter? thanks

-Slick Nick

Reply to
habibe99