2001 maxima remote?

Does anyone know if you need a specific remote part number or are they all the same. Or do you just have to program them? if they are does anybody know how to program the remote? there is a post for a 98 max will that work?

I had a key made today $107.00- I wonder how much for a remote.

Thanks in advance Bryan

2001 maxima se
Reply to
Brian O'Clair

You can buy remotes on Ebay for $10-20 and the programming is extremely easy.

Reply to
Pooty Lizard

Do you mind telling me (us) how to program it? I have a coouple of remote from a 2000 that was totalled about 3 months after I got the car, and later I ended up with another 2000 Maxima. Sure would like to know how to program the xtra dongles. thanks.

Reply to
cmdrdata

Actually, you program the car to the remotes. The process is in here, do a Google search of groups, this one, remote program 2000.

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

Fixed font - Proportional font

Programming Keyless Remote All 3 messages in topic - view as tree Ed Shilney Mar 12 2001, 1:22 pm show options

Newsgroups: alt.autos.nissan.maxima From: "Ed Shilney" - Find messages by this author Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:20:48 GMT Local: Mon,Mar 12 2001 1:20 pm Subject: Programming Keyless Remote Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

Anyone know how to programm the keyless remote for the 2000 Maxima manufactured before 6/2000 with the following part and FCC info? I have already paid Nissan enough money and they want $50 just to progam it and $90 for the remote. I have the remote; I just need to program it. FCC ID# NHVWBU43, P/N 282682Y/NISSAN Thanks, Ed

Steve Cutchen Mar 12 2001, 9:52 pm show options

Newsgroups: alt.autos.nissan.maxima From: snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Steve Cutchen) - Find messages by this author Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 20:50:26 -0600 Local: Mon,Mar 12 2001 9:50 pm Subject: Re: Programming Keyless Remote Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

In article , "Ed Shilney"

wrote: > Anyone know how to programm the keyless remote for the 2000 Maxima > manufactured before 6/2000 with the following part and FCC info? I have > already paid Nissan enough money and they want $50 just to progam it and $90 > for the remote. I have the remote; I just need to program it. > FCC ID# NHVWBU43, P/N 282682Y/NISSAN > Thanks, > Ed

Try this procedure, which I know works for the Gen 4 Maxima.

=
Reply to
Richard Tomkins