2001 Maxima Trunk Decal/Logo

How do one remove nissan decal/logo to fix rust around it? thanks!! Frank

2001 Maxima 20th Anniversay Edition
Reply to
papaya47

It's stuck on with double-sided adhesive tape. Park it so the emblem is exposed to the hot sunlight for a long time or use a blow-dryer or heat gun to heat the emblem. Some peeps use fishing line, I prefer a skinny, long zip-tie, slip it under an edge and "saw" back and forth, behind the emblem with the fishing line or zip-tie, cutting through the softened adhesive. There are a couple different spray on products to get the stubborn left-over adhesive off. I prefer using an eraser wheel chucked into a 1/2 inch drill. If you want to reinstall the emblem, take it to a body shop for some new double-stick adhesive.

Wolfie

Reply to
Wolfie