2002 Maxima required maintenance?

I have a 2002 Maxima GLE with 65k miles and have really done very little maintenance on it. Replaced Front Brakes Transmission Fluid Replacement Drive Belt What is recommended that should be done at this time. I am looking for opinons other than the dealer. Is a tuneup necessary, spark plugs changed. cooling system flushed, etc. Thanks for the help with this

Reply to
steveh1181

I did exactly the same maintenance items that you have done at 60,000 except the drive belt. Thanks for reminding me. I need to change it as I have 115,000 on my 2000 GLE.

Don't worry about the plugs til 105,000 miles. I changed mine at

100,000 and the old ones looked brand new. The car didn't run any differently but what the heck...I think it's money well spent.

I also changed my cooling system fluid but I think that was a waste of time. If it is still green and tests OK, I don't think it needs to be changed.

Reply to
Chuckindallas

I also have a 2000 GLE with 78,000 miles on it and am also curious about maintenance. When you say "drive belt" are you referring to the timing chain? I am not sure when that needs replacing, and have heard it is quite expensive.

Reply to
Chris F

Reply to
steveh1181