2002 Trade-in value

Hi,

I am planning to trade-in my '02 maxima SE(auto), it is fully loaded with leather interiors, bose audio system, rear spoiler, moon roof, power everything, heated front seats and 17 inch wheels. It has

20,000 miles on it and is in excellent condition both mechanically and externally. Can anyone please suggest what will be a good trade-in price? thanks,b
Reply to
BI

You'll want to go to edmunds or kbb.com to find a price. I HIGHLY urge you NOT to trade this vehicle in. You will get taken to the cleaners. If you want to maximize return on this car do a private sale. If you have the means buy your new car and then take however long it takes to sell it privately. Alternatively pin down the vehicle you want and post your max in the paper/online, etc...then once you sell it quickly pick up the new car. Trade in = getting screwed. You add in a middleman and a professional one at that. One who is likely to be very good at paying you as little as possible.

That said last november I saw a car exactly like yours with 10,500 miles and it was being sold at a used "wholesale" car lot for $20,500. I'm going to hazard yours would be sold on that same lot for around $18k now give or take. Their prices were good, yes, but if you try and trade in your car count on getting less than that for it.

Reply to
Matthew Brooks

No doubt, I'm stunned anyone would even want to get rid of an 02. I have an

03, and it's such a great car I can see myself driving it 5 years from now. Never had a car like that before...
Reply to
Rich

$15,995 in North Ala. I'm already pre-approved for the loan.

Reply to
C M