2002SE Bose Change CD problems (skipping)?

I'm on my third changer (warranty so far). The original and the first replacement skipped (failed to track). This was most notable on factory CDs and far, far less on my home burned CDR and even CDRW. I have the third one now and this one tracks way better (so far) but immediately has lots of noise in the CD that sounds like a struggle to perform the digital to analog conversions. Again, the type of CD media did not matter with factory ones seeming to be worse. I've got to take this in for a 4th unit and just want to find out what is up.

Has anyone tried to buy a new head unit for a system already setup for Bose. When the warranty runs out this fall and I have another one die, I will not buy that piece of crap that for sure. This thing sound pretty good when it works I'm very disappointed in the overall quality.

Thanks

Reply to
qpman1

I haven't had this problem, but there's another problem with this that I have had & others have posted on this site .. . the CD player cuts out on the left channels .. .I have found a fix to this. . .when it happens, give the center console a good slap on either side. . .sort of like an old jukebox . . it works especially well when you've had a hard day and need something to take it all out on . . the center console seems to be holding up to this kind of treatment pretty well . . guess I'm just too lazy to take the whole dashboard apart to find the loose connection . . .from the frequency of reports from other people it sounds like it's in a printed circuit board, which would be more difficult to find than a loose wire. . .

Reply to
lcbill