2003 Maxima & cold weather no start

Our Maxima doesn't seem to like the cold weather. It starts fine from a cold start but once it's warmed up and shut off, it doesn't want to start again. All the lights in dash come on along with the fan etc, but the engine doesn't turn over at all. It's as if the starter doesn't get the message it's time to start! If you let the car sit (what else can you do?) for about

1 hour, it will start no problem. So you never want to be shutting the car off once you get to the grocery store...it won't start again for awhile. Anyone else having this problem...preferably folks in the "colder regions" of the world like Canada or New York State?
Reply to
King's Kid

Dave Kind

Isn't it under warrany? I'm thinking bad starter relay, starter, or connection. Let the dealer figure it out.

Reply to
Jim

The cold weather is incidental. You have a problem with your battery connections, somewhere or just a poor battery. Take it to someone that knows what they're doing. Warrantee???

Reply to
Bob G.