2003 Maxima exhaust

Hi,

Have 2003 Maxima GLE, 63k miles. Today the exhaust started making a noise. I had a look underneath. All exhaust components are in good condition. The problem is the joint between the Rear Muffler and Rear Exhaust Tube Assembly.

A pipe exits the Rear Muffler towards the front. At the end of this pipe is welded a flange which inables it to be bolted to a similar set up on the pipe coming rearwards from the Rear Exhaust Tube Assembly.

On the Rear Muffler the weld between the flange and the pipe has completely given way and separated.

Can the flange be re-welded to the pipe and if so who would I get to do it. It just seems a waste to replace a perfectly good rear muffler.

The exhaust on my 93 GXE was still good at 168k miles.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie

Al:

Al Moodie wrote:

[...]

Sure. An exhaust repair garage, for example, Meineke, has all types of pipe segments that can be appropriately cut, fitted and welded. That type of repair is no problem for them.

Ralph Hertle

Reply to
Ralph Hertle