2003 Maxima's avg selling price is $2,000 under invoice

Edmunds.com is showing the average selling price of a 2003 Maxima SE as $2,000 under the dealer invoice price, even without a rebate or dealer incentive payment.

MSRP=25,649

Invoice Price=23,453

True Market Value=21,436 + the delivery fee. Basically, $22,000.00

(Unlike NADA and other sources, Edmunds' price is the actual sales price in the marketplace, not a suggested sales figure that is biased toward the dealer.)

On the one hand, this looks interesting. On the other, it shows that Nissan has screwed the pooch. Expect the 2003-2004 Maxima to be the entire 5th generation!! That'll shoot resale value all to hell.

Jm

Reply to
JM

Where are you? In my reigion (CA) all trim levels of the '03 are selling for $500 - $1000 over invoice.

Isn't the '04 a 6th gen?

Reply to
Kai Ponte

Maxima depreciation is not too bad.

Compare a basic 02 Max SE to an 02 Acura TL... at around 30k miles, each 1k miles subtracts $225 from the value of the Max and $300 for the Acrua.

Horror stories of depreciation on the Max are overblown.

Reply to
zzzzz

Yes, 6th gen. Should have taken off my socks to count properly.

Anyhow, here's the link to Edmunds for this:

JM

Reply to
JM