2003 Nissan Maxima SE, only 14,000 miles - $22000

2003 Nissan Maxima SE, Fully loaded with original MSRP of $29774.00. Only 14,000 miles on it. This vehicle has:

255hp V-6 Engine, 17-Inch Premium Wheel, Xenon HID Head Lamp with Auto On/Off, BOSE 220Watt Premium Audio with In-Dash 6 disc CD Changer & 8" Sub-Woofer mounted in Trunk, Leather Interior, Power Driver/Passenger Seat, Heated Mirrors, Home-Link Universal transceiver, Trip Computer (Milage/Distance to Empty/Temperature/Average Speed/Stop Watch etc...), Steering Wheel mounted Audio/Cruise control, Micro-Filter Ventilation system, Dual Stage" Driver & Passenger Airbags, Dual Side Airbags, Active Head Rest Restraints, Automatic Dimming Rear View Mirror with Integrated Digital Compass, Winshield integrated Diversity Antenna, Gated Automatic Transmission Shifter, Real Spoiler with LED indicator, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), 17-inch Premium Chrome Alloy Wheels, Automatic Climate Control, Driver Seat Memory with Two settings, Automatic Driver Seat retraction, Power glass Sunroof with "One touch" Slide & Tilt, Brake-by-Wire, 60:40 split folding read seats, etc.

Briefly Speaking, IT IS TRULY AN AMAZING CAR.

(1) Same car with lots more milage (20k~30k miles) were advertised for $24000 to $26000 from AutoTrader or Atlanta Journal Constitution.

So, I think $22,000 is truly an attractive price, in anyone's reckoning. PLUS, YOU DON"T PAY TAX!!!!

For pictures, e-mail me

Reply to
steve weber

color ?

Reply to
Bob

Steve,

Nice car.. I have a 96 GLE myself... just wanted to point out a couple of incorrect specs/statements in your description however.

The Maxima never came with Brake-by-Wire as far as I remember... I believe you mean Fly-by-Wire - i.e. no Throttle cable/electronic throttle...

I believe you always pay tax, even if you buy from owner. Here in Illinois the amount depends on the age of the car, and in some cases is significantly lower than the tax that would have been paid on the same vehicle if purchased at a dealer. In Illinois the tax is collected when you go to register the car/transfer title at the local DMV or equivalent.

Also where the heck are you? Location would be nice - maybe the Atlanta area? since you make a reference to a local paper...

Regards,

Nirav

96 GLE, 102k
Reply to
Nirav J. Modi

Just a little FYI for you Nirav,

Brake by wire is sort of a generic name for VDC (vehicle dynamic control), which does distribute different amounts of brake force to different wheels depending on what the VDC system interprets as to what is going on with the car, like wheel spin , loss of traction on one or more wheels and so on

Reply to
NissTech

Nisstech,

thanks for the clarification... I guess you do learn something new everyday! My interpretation of the brake-by-wire was what Mercedes has designed for their SL500 - where the braking is completely electronically controlled...but after reading the article below again - I can see how the VDC system (in the Maxima in this case) is similar in nature/intent to a completely electronic braking system...

Here is and article describing the Mercedes SL500 brake-by-wire system: "

" Cheers, Nirav

Reply to
Nirav J. Modi

I was under the impression the 2003 Max did not have anything like VDC.. at least not in my 2002. The only thing affecting the wheels in my car is ABS and TCS...any kind of VDC was not an option in '02.

Pat

snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (Nirav J. Modi) wrote:

Reply to
Pat

I'm pretty sure that VDC was not an option on 02 but was in 03 , but I could be wrong

TCS was definitely an option on 02.

Reply to
NissTech

I was incorrect about the electronic braking feature

it is called, Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist, not VDC

Reply to
NissTech