2003 Switches and such

Are 2003 Maximas prone to bad switches? I have had mine for about a week (bought it used with 122K kms) and have discovered the following:

  1. Passenger window switch (on driver's) will lower passenger window, but not raise it, have to use passenger side.
  2. Light on driver's seat warmer doesn't light, seat warmer does heat up though.
  3. Washer/wiper switch, washer works but doesn't activate wipers to clear washer fluid, have to turn on wipers manually.
  4. Radio volume will go haywire if you turn up using knob on radio and then try to adjust with steering wheel control.

Did I buy a mess of electrical troubles or is this par for the course?

Thanks,

PJ

Reply to
PJ Ropredli

I have the same driver's side seat heater problem on my 2003 SE, I've had my car for about 9 months, haven't experienced any of the other problems you mentioned. One thing you might run into though, if you have the Bose set-up with the 6 CD changer - the left channel cuts out intermittently when using the CD, radio and cassette are not affected. The CD problem is common, there is a Nissan technical bulletin that describes it. Otherwise, the car's great, love it.

Reply to
John Smith

I bought mine new 3 years ago, and the only problems I've had with is that I'm about to be on my 4th Bose head unit. Otherwise, the car has been perfect.

I should note though, that I only have 26k miles on it. :)

Reply to
Rich

I have two Maximas, a 2000 and 2002, and neither have switch problems. Just a thought, since you bought the car used, ould it be that the car came from a 'flooded' area, and the electronics somehow got wet? How would one check for this case though?

Reply to
cmdrdata

I have a 03 max with 80,000 miles on it. Had a problem with a heater switch that was replaced under warranty. No other problems. b

Reply to
You_Know_Who~

I checked the car with CARFAX and it has been registered in Ontario the whole time, it came off of a lease. As it turns out the washer "problem" is a case of using more "pull" to get the wipers to come on with the washer fluid. I've mostly owned GM prior to the Maxima and have found that the GM "splash and wipe" switch is a little more sensitive, which I prefer when I'm driving, one quick pull and I have a clear windshield. Also, I had my mechanic and body shop check it out before I made the purchase, and he would have alerted me to any major problems.

Thanks,

PJ

Reply to
PJL