2006 Maxima dashboard problem

I have a 2006 Maxima SL. Noticed a (?) mark on the padded part of the dash behind the display. Made the mistake in trying to clean it, first with WD40, the with alcohol. I don't know if these padded dashboards are solid black through and through, but it looks like I may have taken the COLOR off and now there is a noticeable lightening/whitish spot there!!! Armor all helps a little.

Any suggestions as to a repair other than replacing the whole thing??? Paint?

I am not a happy individual with this. Thanks!

Reply to
Matthew

I appreciate the response. Doing some on line research, there are a few companies that make a vinyl coating specifically for auto interiors. Should do the trick. I may take it to my dealer to see if they have an outside guy who specializes in this type of thing. I don't want to mess it up...the dash part is $$$ to replace. Thanks again...

Reply to
Matthew