2008 Maxima 3.5 SE Mileage

In case you happen to be interested in the mileage that our 2008 Maxima

3.5 SE gets just point your browser to
and take a look.

We purchased the vehicle back on September 8 of 2007, drove it about 500 miles and then started keeping track of the mileage even though we do not drive it very much. As we live in a VERY rural area of Iowa almost all of the miles are highway miles. No "stop 'n go" miles here because our county does not even have a stoplight! :-)

Like all of the vehicles that we have had that had an mpg display this one also displays a bit more than you actually get in reality. Anyway, if you are interested take a look and of course your comments are welcome.

....and yes, I know that it is cross posted.

Cheers,

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

That seems about right. It appears that the vehicle calculates mpg rather accurately; I think +/- 2 or 3% is doing pretty well.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike

Do you know the algorithm that the computer uses to track mileage? Is it tracking cumulative mileage since the last reset, or does it use a moving window (mileage since last reset or for last "x" number of miles, whichever is less)?

What impressed me most was how consistent your averages are. It works out to something like 21.75 +/- 1.35 mpg. I have never been able to achieve that level of consistency with any of my vehicles.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Ed,

From observation it certainly does not seem like any fancy algorithm, just a simple average being cumulative starting and ending with the reset.

The consistency comes from a repetitive and boring driving schedule to and from the same destination all in rare decent weather. In the winter we normally drive one of our pickups which have all wheel or 2 wheel/4 wheel drive rather than the Maxima. Now later this week I will be driving the Maxima about 800 - 1,000 miles on basically Interstate so we will see what that does to the mileage. One would think that it would increase the mileage as it is basically a "straight through" shot but on the other hand, it could lower the mileage due to the higher speed.

Well, that was more than you wanted to know. :-)

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

Wow... pretty lame MPG. Glad I don't own one!

(No offense... it just seems like a downhill trend for the Max).

Reply to
still just me

Reply to
D.

Interesting mileage figures and considering you say it's mostly highway miles I consider it's MPG low. My well worn older tech 3.3L Chrysler Concorde from the mid 90s is quite a bit better on the highway. I keep track of all my mileage & fuel.

Reply to
Some O