87 MAX UPDATE

The mechanic pulled codes off of the computer, the codes are: Idle Switch, Injector Leak, and Normal Engine Management. First of all, Where is the Idle switch located and what do I need to test it? Second, What is Normal Engine Management? How do I test it? The last code was an O2 snesor, but that was caused by me.(it was unplugged). What would the problem most likely be?

Thanks,

Maxima

Reply to
Maxima

Idle sw is most probably the throttle zero pos sw at TB. Has to be ON when no pedal pressed; use multimeter, ohms scale; see for connection on/off as 'pedal' pressed.

Management is smtg stupid; nowadays Normal means: goto jail. Just kiddin, I guess just bypass that 'code'.

If injectors leak, it just might be gum. If so, the magic cleaners and (driving low gear) over 4000rpm five minutes might hlp. Otherwise replace leakin injector... may be tested /verified 'on the floor'.

Reply to
Wiikinki