87 MAXIMA - motor driven radio antenna

The motor driven antenna no longer moves up or down, but is stalled with about 1inch chrome rod showing. Local NISSAN Dealer charges $192 labor, plus $250 materials to replace the unit. two hours labor makes me think there is a lot of disassembly to get to the unit.

Antenna is mounted on passender rear side fender. Should the unit be removed by taking out side panels in trunk or does the unit come out by reaching up into the fender well from underneath the car?

Any hints how to get access to the unit and cables will really be helpful.

Thanks, Dave_s

Reply to
Dave_s

Stealesrhips alway$ seek to double the value of u car :(

Antenna comes out via opening trunk side panels. Buy generic antenna, rewire. Info, =ALL info, schemas, all comes if u do what I already suggested, see previous post.

Reply to
Wiikinki