87MAXIMA -sunroof -gasket picture

The sunroof on my 87 MAXIMA is leaking water into the cab.

My owners manual shows a body mounted gasket on all four sides of the roof opening. My actual sunroof opening only has a strip of gasket along the rear edge. I see no gasket on the other three edges of opening.

I need to see or be told what that body mounted gasket looks like on another MAXIMA near 87 where the sunroof does not leak.

Thanks for any help. Dave_s

Reply to
Dave_s

the gasket is most likely not the problem.

This is a technicians definition of a sunroof...

Sun/moon roof..... A hole cut into a perfectly good water tight piece of steel ,to which a piece of glass in fit into which then becomes a controlled water leak situation.

Long story short, chances are the sunroof drain lines have become clogged and need to be cleared to permit proper draining from the hole cut into a perfectly good ,water tight piece of sheet metal.

I guess y'all can tell I don't like sun/moon roof's

Reply to
NissTech