89 se, ? about fuel injection & connectors

Do all the injectors 'pulse' at the same time or one at a time?

What is the best way to 'wire in' new injector connectors? I picked up new ones from Courtesy Nissan but the harness had only two pins for each side of 3 injectors... my old one has a connector with four pins for each side. It looks like I'll have to cut off each new connector & connect it to the old wires for that injector. If so,

What is the best way to make a good long lasting connection? How to make a new 'boot' for the new connector? etc...

Also, I've tested my old injectors for ohms (12.1) for each & for spray (even pattern & very narrow cone shape). I had trouble measuring the ohms due to what looked like a 'mineral deposit' that fully coated each of the injector pins. This was preventing my voltmeter leads from making good contact (and possibly my injector connectors). It took about 30 minutes to scrape all the pins to get down to the metal.

How can this type of deposit be prevented? Is it likely that all the connectors in the engine have this type of deposit? Since the 'female' side of the connector can't be easily scraped what is the best way to make sure all the connectors are clean & making good contact? We don't use salt on the roads here in Texas & if this is a common problem with older cars hopefully there is a way to reduce/prevent this from happening.

Is there a really good contact cleaner spray?

Has anyone connected a 'scope' to each injector to look at the signal put out by the computer? If so & if the connector is not connected to the injector is it a good 'square edged' signal? Could the scope be a good way to check for a failing injector?

Thanks... just trying to find better ways to fix & prevent problems.

Reply to
2cents

What was the porblem again? :-)

And yes a 15 year old car is going to have some corosion on the injector terminals. Given the low amperage these draw, it's going to take a bunch to really cause a problem and most aren't that hard to get at and clean. Some dielectric grease will help prevent it.

Reply to
Steve T