90 Max hesitation

I'm trying to get my 90 GXE ready for sale. It has a slight hesitation only when the throttle is ever so slightly pressed that the rpm's will drop to 300+/- and the engine sounds like it will stall. But when I press the throttle down more to accelerate harder, it takes off without a problem. I've replaced 3 injectors, all wires and plugs. I've never replaced the O2 sensor or throttle position sensor. This problem seemed to surface when I replaced the injectors. I'm pretty sure I've got all the vacuum lines on correctly. Any ideas???

BTW, anyone in the Dallas/Plano area looking for a really nice, white 90 GXE w/ 166k miles that's been well maintained, let me know. This would make a great daily driver, kid's car or work car.

Thanks!

Chris snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

90 & 94 GXE's 06 SE
Reply to
Chris H

Probably a dumb point, but have you cleaned the throttle body? It could just be some built up carbon.

Reply to
Hazey

i have the same problem too....

Chris H wrote:

Reply to
beerman

I think I solved the problem. Removed throttle body and sprayed w/ carb cleaner. Cleaned all vacuum lines and ports. Replaced 4th bad injector that just flat out quit while driving around the area. Couldn't get a resistance reading on #6 injector, so I replaced w/ new. Voila, she runs like new. Time to sell her.

Chris

90 & 94 GXE 06 SE
Reply to
Chris H

With two dead injectors I'm surprised that it was running as well as it was! Conga-RATS! I hope that you get a good price for it. At 166K there is a whole lot of life left in that car.

I just visited with my old '93 SE, which I still do a certain amount of the repair and maintenance on [obviously I sold it to a good friend], and she is running great. The only repair in the last year was a high pressure power steering hose. I checked the whole thing over, and she is running like a champ with 210K on her. I sold it with 180K, and it has been a great buy for my friend.I just couldn't get a price that made any kind of sense for it on the open market, and I knew that it had alot of life left in it. Keep on Maximizin'!!!! :)

Reply to
Hazey