91 Maxima - Interior Lights Dim

Just purchased my first car, 1991 Nissan Maxima, and noticed that the interior lights are very dim - can they be brightened? Is this just a matter of replacing the bulbs? If so, what bulbs should I get?

Reply to
DeeLove

If by interior lights you mean the instrument panel lights, there should be a "dimmer" knob somewhere on the dash to adjust the brightness.

Reply to
E Meyer

The dimmer button is closest to the ignition key switch. Push and hold and the instrument lights will brighten or dim. Bulbs don't go dim due to age. The dome light you have a problem with may have bad contacts where the bulb hooks in. Clean those contacts and replace w/ a new bulb. Check your switch position and the light should light up.

Reply to
ChrisH.

Bulbs can get dimmer, because they can get some discoloration on the glass. But Chris is right, try adjusting the dimmer switch.

If this is it, you could easily check out the bulb too. Take it out and look at it. They're cheap to replace.

Bill G '91 SE Auto

Reply to
Bill G

Thanks Chris and Bill :)