92 Maxima won't go into park anymore.

I got up this morning. Went go to the coffee shop before work and went to put my car into park. The shifter button on the gear shift won't go down all the way and it won't go into park.

I can't get the key out until it is in park so right now the keys have to stay in and the car is in Neutral with the brake on.

Does anyone know what the problem is? and if so what I need to do to fix it? I don't think it is the transmission fluid.

Reply to
shannie3

Hey, have you solved your problem? It's your shift lock. I had the same thing happen to me.

Reply to
johnsonbr