93 Maxima GXE 2 cyl dead

Hi folks,

My 93 Maxima GXE was working fine until this morning. When engine started, it was shaking. I did some testing myself to find out. Did following changed spark plugs, wires, distributer but still same symtom then while idling disconnected plug wires one by one seems like cylinder #2 & 3 are dead. Although I can run the car but rough drive, also from muffler I can hear "book book -----" kind of sound to me semms like cylinders dead. Do you have any thought about this? If it true that cylinders are dead and how to confirm? then what could be the reason and how to repair or no luck just rebulit?

Thanks,

Reply to
93maxima

If its got spark (pull those two out, ground them against the engine and have somebody crank it while you look for the sparks), then probe the connectors at the injectors to see if they are pulsing. No current = wiring problem. If there is current pulsing to the injectors & you have spark, then you have dead/clogged injectors.

Reply to
E Meyer

I would bet it's the injectors. I have a 93 GXE. At 175k miles I had one injector fail. Bought a rebuilt replacement and fitted it. Problem solved only to have another fail about two weeks later.

Check the resistance between the two injector terminals with a multimeter for all 6 and compare. Haynes manual says 10-14 ohms approx.

It may make sense to replace all 6 injectors at once, depends on mileage. Ebay or breakers yard and buy 2 rails complete with injectors.

Al Moodie

Reply to
Al Moodie

Might be fuel injectors. How's the fuel filter? Can use ohm meter to verify operational status. Best fuel injector cleaner is BG-44k. Go here

to locate a can locally. Should cost about25 bucks. Use with SHELL premium gas. Don't use the corner auto supply10 dollar cleaners as they don't work. I think NAPA parts places carrythis. I buy mine from one of the shops that use the BG products. Myinjector cleared up after a half day driving. (93-SE 280,000 miles)

Reply to
Mario

Thanks guys for very quick advise.

Done all tests mentioned by evry one and found both fuel injectors were cloged. one injector showed 17ohm another one could not check because under neath the intake manifold I will check it while replacing. Added Chevron's Technan concentrate plus($8.99 R&S)fuel system cleaner in gas tank and also done the Sea foam ($5.99 Auto Zone) cleaning thru the vaccum line. I have no idea which cleaner worked or both cleaner worked.

Both cylinder start working now but my friend told me this just temporary fix so I already ordered both new fuel injectors($200.00) at Auto Zone. Getting by tommorow and replace it. Buying used one still has the same risk so he advised to replace with new ones and I think it is worthed because my car is still in good condition.

Again thanks everyone for the advice.

Reply to
93maxima

I purchased the Se with the upgraded Bose Stereo and added a XM radio. The problem is the volume level is lower and I am not getting a quality sound out of the rear speakers. Has anyone experienced this?

Steve

Reply to
Steve C.

Wow...curious this wasn't posted in it's own thread.

If I had anything at all wrong with my '07 Maxie, I'd be parked in the dealers office demanding perfection and satisfaction. Have you mentioned it to your dealer? Somebody obviously screwed something up.

Wolfie

Reply to
Wolfie