93 SE Stumble

93 Maxima SE 5-spd. 250,000 miles. Drives groovy-smoothy from cold on startup. Temp gague hits midpoint and car stumbles/trips (bucks) from 1700-2100 or so RPM on accelleration. Don't feel the missing while stopped, only on accel. No check engine light so no codes set.

OK, Sherlock, unravel this mystery...

Basil

Reply to
Basil Fawlty

Check for corosion on the EFI temp sensor, also when was the last time the plugs were changed and what kind were used? And I wouldn't be so sure no codes are set just because there is no CEL.

Reply to
Steve T

Had same issue on my girlfriend's 93 GXE several months ago. The Check Engine light on the instrument panel did not light up at all, but I followed the procedure in the Chilton's manual for pulling error codes of the ECU. It reported a faulty O2 sensor. I replaced the sensor (located under the car on the exhaust) and it has run like a charm since.

David

Reply to
db

Try replacing the pressurized gas cap. Get the correct one - mine said "pre-vented." Made my 92 SE stop all that rough running immediately. See my post from today 9/6/2004 at 12:03 AM. called "Mystery Solved."

The cap cost me $5.99 or so. Easy to try this - it made my Max purr again.

Reply to
NetComputerGuy