94 Maxima - Intermittent Misfire on start & Other

This car has been a dream with no major issues (knock on wood!) I'll hate to give it up someday.

  1. New issue for me. Car will idle very rough at start and check engine light will come on. No code left in computer which I thought was strange. This seems to happen once every 20th start. Will idle properly after running for 20 seconds and it gets some fuel. Any thoughts?

  1. Also, interior fan only working on high. Other setting produce nothing. Anyone seen this before?

Reply to
94Maxi
  1. Most probably fan resistor. Get one from junkyard. Glovebox out, view is about like this; the R is here redlined:

clic

  1. The 3gen obd-I Nissan system mostly gives erroneous error codes - if any. As no history available, I suggest u check ign related issues, sensors ... see link pages below.
Reply to
Wiikinki

Is it a GXE or SE?

From the service manual, for unstable idle: EGR valve sticking Injector check Ignition spark Spark plugs Fuel pump pressure Vacuum leaks Idle Adj screw clogging Compression

What happens if you turn the ignition key to the ignition position and wait 30 seconds before starting the engine?

For the second problem you need a new blower motor resistor.

94Maxi wrote:
Reply to
AS

Thanks, it's a GXE.

I haven't tried the 30 second wait. Will do.

Running some injector cleaner through it right now. It's only happening once every 10 starts so it's hard to find a consistent issue. Happens more often with longer waits between starts. (Hours opposed to minutes)

Reply to
94Maxi

Uh wait 30hrs. Hope for self healin... at least dont swap the mentioned most common 2$ ECU Cont-relay.

Reply to
Wiikinki

Waiting sometime after turning the key to the ignition position would allow a weak fuel pump to build up the pressure.

94Maxi wrote:

Reply to
AS