95 Maxima engine kicking?????

Hello, this is my first time on this board and I don't know much about cars. So any help would be great!! I have a 95 SE Maxima and the engine started kicking when I tried to accelerate. I thought it might be the fuel injectors being dirty so I got them cleaned, it's still messing up. I also noticed that the engine kicks when it hit 2,000 rpms EVERYTIME. Can anyone tell me what they think is wrong w/ this? Thanks.

Reply to
Thor-thon

Sometimes a failing injector can be subtile, and may not show up as a code for a month (sometimes just a rough cold start and otherwise undetectable other than being somewhat down on power). But the third one that failed on my 95 was rather abrupt. When I started out for a trip to WI, I noticed a regular miss under load at low rpm, and the check engine light came on within 120 miles. Although, I had no trouble getting back to IL, before getting it fixed.

A co-worker mentioned that he had regular injector problems with older Z cars. My 1st failed under warranty, and third failed approaching 10 years, 110k miles (95 SE 5 spd purchased May 94).

Reply to
David Efflandt