95 Maxima - one door not locking - intermittent

Recently, I noticed my 95 Max wasn't blinking the lights when locking with the keyless fob. It probably would blink about once in three times. I then noticed the right rear passenger door wasn't locking regularly and therefore this was the cause of the lack of the "all locked" blinking.

The right rear door will always unlock (after manually locking). And corresponding to the above, it locks about one in three times. I googled this and saw one other person having the exact same symptoms. But, there was no solution posted (possibly because there was none found).

Any ideas? I suspect it's a weakness in a relay/actuator. I took off the door panel and couldn't see anything obviously wrong mechanically (otherwise it wouldn't work at all).

If it failed outright, I might take it in for service. But, these intermittent deals never fail at the repair shop.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jerry

Douglas Berson

The drivers door on my '97 started doing this. I took the door panel off and found that the linkage needed to be lubricated. It was stiff and kept the door from locking all the way.

Reply to
JimV