95 Maxima ..strut mounts or bearings????

My front struts are moving up on top. When I raise the car in the front and grab the tire I can move the the whole thing around and can see that the large center nut on the top is moving around. The nut is tight but looks like the diameter that holds the strut is larger allowing the strut to move around. Is this the strut mount or bearings that are bad?? Thanks:)

Reply to
:

Sounds like the mount, but you should just buy the mount with the bearing. Might want to do the struts too if they are old as a seizing strut can cause the mount to fail.

Reply to
JimV

Hello and thank you for the reply!! I did the struts 1 month ago and should have done the mounts but was being "cheap":) Do the mounts come with the bearings or seperate? Thanks again:)Nel

Reply to
:

Both ways, with the bearings is a few bucks more.

Reply to
JimV