96 Maxima - The Cursed Window Regulator

So I'm driving down the road, and my LH rear window falls into the door.

I take the panel off, and the power window regulator is broken. The plastic guide at the top of the assembly has snapped, freeing the cable. The motor also burned up.

I got a new regulator and motor, and installed them inside the door. The window now rolls up almost all the way, but stops about an inch short of being rolled up entirely.

So I disconnected the window from the regulator, and pushed the window into the up position myself. It was surprisingly hard to do this. Then I rolled the regulator up, hoping that if I connect the two in the up position, it would solve my partially-rolled-up problem.

However, the regulator shuttle and the window's connection mounts are horizontally misaligned in the up position by about 1 centimeter. So I can't connect the window to the regulator shuttle in the up position.

I compared the old regulator with the new regulator, and they are virtually identical.

Is it common to have this type of alignment problem when installing a new regulator?

Reply to
jcooksey

I just replaced my regulator with an aftermarket regulator and it worked fine, exept that the motor wasn't as strong. I suggest that you try reinstalling it at least once. Maybe if you reinstall it with the window in the closed position, it will prevent this problem from happening.

Cormagh

Reply to
Cormagh