97 maxima nisfiring

i have a 97 maxima and it is misfiring. I took it to autozone and they put it in diagnistics and came uo with a code that stated that it has an ignition misfire(duh) and speed sensor and intake air temp sensor. They do not stock these parts and they really didnt answer the question of why is it misfiring. Can anyone offer me some guidance?

Reply to
thelilfckr

the answer lies with the codes scanned from the AutoZone dealer (duh),you have the information to start your diagnosis so get busy and figure out what's making it miss.

Most times scanning the codes and replacing part does not fix a thing, but sometimes it does. That is where a real technician comes in, not just a parts changer.

Hmmmmm missfire...

What are the causes of a missfire gang...... I'll start.

Lean air fuel mixture missfire due to excessive exhaust gas (EGR) entering a particular cylinder .The old P0400 code

Reply to
NissTech

You might also want to check the ignition coils, since this is easy to do. From what I read the coils on this generation Max are prone to failure as the car ages. Another area to check is a vacuum or intake leak, which could cause lean misfire.

Reply to
edge

Have you ruled out the basic tuneup?

CD