99 GLE body work

Hi, I have a 99 Maxima GLE with 34K. The car is very important to me because of a few things but it has minor body problems here and there. Some things include:

-front bumper cover broken

-rear bumper cover scratched

-both front doors have scratches down to metal

-hood is dented and scratched down to metal

-both fenders dented and lightly scratched

-light scratches in various places

I would be happy to provide pictures if it would help with my question. I am concidering taking it to a body shop to have everything fixed then the car painted if necessary. Does anyone think this would cost more than the value of the car dollar wise?

Any input is appreciated!

N.H.L

Reply to
me 2007

It depends entirely on the level of perfection you expect from the paint job. I would budget between $2k and $4k for the work, if you expect them to do the body work properly (no Bondo), and the paint to be without overspray or imperfections. The cost also varies because of local environmental regulations - the 'easiest' paints are often the most frowned upon by the green side.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

With only 34K you'r Max. sounds worth keeping. Around my city auto bodyshops don't do anything cheap. Small repairs end up costing over $500 like my Maxs driver door hitting a bench as I backed out of garage. Just a bent the doors edge and the repair cost $560. What you describe with the repaint job and replacement of the bumper my guess you'r looking at around &1,500 to $2,000+. Even with them finding used parts it's still not going to be cheap. It's the labor that really sends the bill flying high. I would get some estimates and then decide just how much reworking you really can aford.

Reply to
WhiteRose