99 Maxima Airbag Light

I have a 99 Maxima and the airbag light just started flashing. Any way to shut this off without taking it to a dealer?

Reply to
mikey

I have a 99 Maxima and the airbag light just started flashing. Any way to shut this off without taking it to a dealer?

Reply to
mikey

njmodi

The reset procedure is on

JimV

just shutting it off does not fix anything or address the problem that the SRS system is having.

If there is a true fault with the system it will come back on the moment you start the car again, the SRS system performs a self diagnosis function each time the car is started, that is why the air bag light stays lit for a few seconds after each start up and goes out if there are not faults detected.

You may be ignoring a component of the SRS system that could save you or your passengers life in the event of a crash.

Reply to
NissTech