'99 Maxima - Code P1320

Hi,

I had the yellow "check engine light come on. So, I took it to Autozone and they said it is code P1320 - bad ignition coil or misfire. They couldn't tell me which coil was bad.

How do I figure out which coil to replace? Also, is there a place I can buy these cheap, becuase the dealership sells one for $106.

Thanks Omer snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Omer1234

The error doesn't tell you which one (what fun would that be?). It's the power transistor built into the coil that usually fails. When it does it shorts, so measure resistance between pins 1 and 2 of each coil. If one of them is near zero, that's the one. It could be some other things like bad connections, failed HV boots, etc, but ohm out the coils first.

-jim

Reply to
Jim

Hi Welcome to bad world of maxima. I own a 99 maxima too and had same problem. Dealer asked me to replace all six charging $100 each and also $100 for installing them. So I bought those but installed myself only 3 of them and it worked fine and check engine light is gone. So I still have 3 new genuine nissan ignition coils and I can sell it to you for $65 each + shipping. Who knows I may need 3 more later myself but I will take the shot. My loss ($35 +tax each)is your gain!. Contact cee snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com if interested.

Reply to
pankaj__75