99 SE climate control problem

Hey,

Automatic climate control only provides heat when set to 85degrees. So much for automatic! Dealer said entire unit would need to be replaced! Is there a sensor or a workaround! Expensive fix. I would hate to sell just because of that. Anyone?? Thanks

Reply to
Onekindfavor

It has a self test mode. You really need the HA section of the shop manual to troubleshoot it. If you don't have it email me. I might be able to help you out.

Reply to
JimV

85degrees. So much

replaced! Is there a

sell just because of

It has a self test mode. You really need the HA section of the shop manual to troubleshoot it. If you don't have it email me. I might be able to help you out.

Reply to
Boots

OK, weird thing is, with AirCond the temp control works fine (cooling mode) - with auto climate control that calls for heat - no heat without max

85degree setting. Do you recall what sensor?
Reply to
Onekindfavor

Hey,... So much for automatic! ... Verify that the main coolant valve, air mix door operate seamlessly. See link below.

Try resoldering the components on the module. Check connectors for temp sensor. And yes, the manual. See 'Favorite Links' below

Reply to
Wiikinki