'99 Won't Start After Coolant Replacement

Changed the antifrieeze by draining the radiator and disconnecting the main coolant hose.

Left the lights on and drained the battery (d'oh!!!). Recharged the battery and drove it around the block to get coolant back in the engine block. I was watching the temp level to see if it lowered. Never noticed the temp level change from mid-range and the coolant overflow container and radiator remained full. The temp gauge never ran hot or cold.

Let the car sit for a day and now it won't start. Swapped batteries with my truck and truck started fine with the Maxima battery.

Maxima will turn over but will not start. Is there something I might have disconnected during the coolant change that might charge this. I'm looking for something I did during the coolant change or battery charge, and not non-related items like fuel pumps, timing chains, etc.

I'm a doofus and obviously not mechanically inclined, so be gentle...

Reply to
Dave S

...sit for a day and now it won't start. ...

- Max is no T-Ford...

- What codes the self diagnostics produces?

- Horses need: Electrons - Air - Ign - Gas ; on time...

  1. No way but to invest into 10$ multimeter. Measure voltage at batt, at ECU
  2. Find spare spark plug, attach to ign coil, ground the plug. Start. See spark?
  3. Ign on, Fuel pumps, hear noise, fuel hose stiffens?
  4. Ign on, take campos sensor in hand and rotate, hear injectors click?
  5. Measure or Swap all fuses, same colored relays may be swapped

For some of those issues read link below; definitely follow links there via "Favorite Links", top left

Reply to
Wiikinki