ABS light, code 25

I have a 2001 max SE and was wondering what code 25 on the ABS code has to do with, my mechanic says he thinks its the front wheel sensor but can't check it because the sensor has no clip, it is hard wired right into the main ABS box and would have to pull out the long wires and take out soe duct work to disconnect it from teh ABS box. was wondering an approx. idea of what an ABS sensor costs

-Slick Nick

Reply to
habibe99

There are web sites with the codes listed. There is a code for each wheel sensor. Do a google search. I believe the sensor can be removed at the wheel end. Sometimes all they need is a little cleaning up and reinstallation. If the sensor is actually bad, you can get a sensor parts quote from Courtesy Nissan on the Web, just to get an idea. Good luck. Bob

95 SE Auto

can't check it

Reply to
BeeP

Also, its a good idea to wait a few days for some responses. No need to repost so soon. There are also some other Nissan forums you can try. Good luck. Bob

95 SE Auto

can't check it

Reply to
BeeP

you need to find another "mechanic". At least one that knows how to use his eyes, and knows what he is doing

There is a connector or "clip" as you call it to be able to test from, if your mechanic had up to date information on his scan tool or shop information source he should be able to tell you exactly which wheel speed sensor is malfunctioning

Reply to
NissTech