advice on buying a maxima

I have owned a maxima('98) that was a total loss when I was hit by another car last week. I am now looking into buying another maxima and am looking for some advice. Would I be better off buying a 2000 maxima with about 79K miles for $8500 or a 2003 with 97K miles for 9000? I am looking for the best car for the best price and do not know if between these two model years there were improvements or negative changes made to the car. PLease let me know your opinion. Thanks, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
danniellem713

Check the engine in the 2003- I think it is larger after the 2001 model year and would not get as good of miles per gallon. Other than that, it is personal preference, the lesser miles appeals to me personally. You know that the GXE is the lowest, the SE the middle, and the GLE the best model right??

Reply to
Clyde Hathaway

Reply to
JimV

Look at a previous thread on this newsgroup "Which is best 2000 - 2005 Maxima", started 10/30/2005. You should be able to download it.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie