air filter on 01 max

Hi, I just changed my air filter from the stock nissan to a car quest replacement filter. I was wondering if there is any difference between these filters. (by air filter, I mean the airbox intake filter, not the in cabin filter) one question, does it matter which way it is put in. I only ask because I took out the old filter and didn't remember which way it was in. does it only go in 1 way? also, I'm thinking of adding an air intake, do these add any real benefit? does it increase/ decrease the gas mileage at all? thanks a lot in advance

-Slick Nick

Reply to
habibe99

The aftermarket filter is fine as long as it's a brand name. Cutting more holes in your airbox won't do anything (except maybe make it more noisy maybe).

Reply to
Jim

Old filter -- dirty side is intake. Face new one same way. Bob

quest

between these

Reply to
BeeP