Air flow Sensor Nissan Maxima 1992

My Nissan Maxima 1992 was diagnosed with an Air flow sensor problem. So I inquired at the dealer for a replacement,but the cost was too expensive. As a result, I bought a refurbished air flow sensor manurfactured by Blue-Streak and still the part is not working properly. Does anyone know where I can purchase a quality replacement part? A good original part is even difficult to locate in Scrap yards.

Reply to
Joe / Emm Group

Was the original sensor directly tested and found not to work (I wouldn't expect garages to have a facility for that, although the manufacturers must), or was the diagnosis based on symptoms, or trouble codes?

The problem may be something else. I've seen a case where a bad O2 sensor was misdiagnosed as a bad MAF sensor. I'd expect there are other parts (throttle position sensor?) that could lead to a similar misdiagnosis.

David

Reply to
David