Alternator problems 95 Maxima se

Are there any known alternator problems with this model, mine has failed twice in the space of 13 months. Two new alternators in the space of 13 months seems pretty odd. Thx

Reply to
Anthony Mwatha

Yep, it is one of the very few known issues. Try a search of this group and on the web and you will find more info. It is a matter of finding a quality remanufactured unit; I think the dealer reman is most often recommended. Good luck mrple

95 Max SE Auto
Reply to
mrple

It's not odd at all for aftermarket reman alternators. I've seen some people go through a half a dozen in that period of time depending on the source. We stopped using anything other than nissan remans and they aren't 100% reliable either. Seems the only thing that is 100% is a new one, which no one will ever pay for. The original lasted almost 10 years, I don't think there is a "problem" with that!

Reply to
Steve T