Any cruise control fixes??

I recently purchased a 2000 Maxima GLE which I notice a searching/surging with the CC engaged. The speedo nor the tach moves but I can feel a slight surging as I drive down the road. I've noticed this has problem has been mentioned before and am wondering if anyone has found the culprit?

Reply to
greg_lee2000

By the way, this is largely a software issue. My code was updated once during ownership of my 2000, but a later (and unexpected) code upgrade brought the problem back. The dealer said they could not put the older code back in.

This problem was noticeable in the manual tranny version, but I don't see why an automatic wouldn't show it as well. Certainly the torque converter must dampen the effect a bit.

Basically, when the throttle crosses the point of accelaration or coasting (engine is either pushing the car slightly or running the same speed while not accelerating) the computer messes up and over-accentuates the transition between those two conditions. So you have an up/down bump in the throttle response when crossing the accel/no accel threshold.

Some pe>Sounds like the 'fuel cut' problem. My 2000 SE 5spd did this, they

Reply to
Pat

My Maxima is the automatic version and though the surge is subtle it is disconcerting, none the less. I just purchased the car from a Nissan dealer so I'm going to try my best to get it fixed. I just want to have the best info available before they try to tell me they can't fix it.

Reply to
greg_lee2000