Avital Remote Start in 99 Maxima Help!

Hi,

I just had an Avital 4200 remote start installed in my 99 Maxim GXE. I'm having a few issues but don't know if they are normal or not. On the box of the remote start it lists many features. I'm getting mixed answers at Best Buy and when I called Avital they simply connected me to a local dealer meaning they offer no factory tech help. The remote start works but I lost my Panic Button (use this all the time to locate the car at Home Depot, etc.), Chirp when locks are locked ( I now get the light flashing), and a beeping noise if you leave the headlights on. Also, the light on the radio dims and get bright intermittently. Were the installers to lazy to install all these features and do I have a short somewhere? I'm wondering if I should just have them pull the whole system. Also, my wife said that she couldn't start the car from inside her building ( she works in a school) However, the remote start seems to always start the car from inside the house. Is there a range booster I can have installed? Advice needed?

Reply to
Trader

Sounds like improper installation. No help on the distance, some buildings are better than others.

Reply to
Brian