Battery Heater

What can anyone tell me about heating the battery in the winter. Does it work? I know batteries loose their power as they get cold. Is it worth the cost of the heater? Thanks

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

If you live in Alaska, it may help. If you park near an electrical outlet, it may be possible, as well.

People up there generally leave their cars running in the parking lot while they are shopping in the winter, unless power is available for block heaters. Turn the the engine off otherwise, and that's it, game over. It won't start reliably.

For any semi-reasonable climate, get a good battery instead.

Good battery = Sears Gold Diehard for $80-90.

JM

Reply to
JM